This IRA Rollover renewal is only good through December 31, 2014, and it is retroactive for any 2014 gifts already made from an IRA. This ruling allows individual taxpayers older than 70½ years to donate up to $100,000 from their individual retirement accounts (IRAs) and Roth IRAs to charitable nonprofits without having to treat the withdrawals as taxable income. To make this gift to Performance Santa Fe from your IRA, you will need to transfer your gift directly from your IRA administrator and designate Performance Santa Fe as the recipient.
Reasons why this is an excellent opportunity for you this year:
• You do not itemize deductions.
• You will incur more taxes on Social Security if you add to your income.
• You do not need the income of your minimum required distribution.
• Your income level causes a phase-out of your exemptions.
• You have reached your deductible giving limit based on AGI.
*source Chronicle of Philanthropy
Click here for a Sample Directive
Questions? Please call Kathryn Joyce, Development Director, at 505 984 8759 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about making a gift that supports our world-class programming and outstanding education and engagement offerings.
Every gift makes a difference!