Hansel and Gretel • Free Community Opera
at the Scottish Rite Center
NEW THIS YEAR: TICKETS REQUIRED
• Friday, January 9, 2015 at 7pm
• Saturday, January 10 at 2pm (STAND-BY ONLY)
• Sunday, January 11 at 2pm (stand-by only)
TICKETING UPDATE as of Friday, January 9 at 10:00 AM:
We are ticketed to capacity on Saturday and Sunday. If you don’t mind a wait, we will issue stand-by tickets at the door. Once all reserved ticket-holders have been seated, we will seat as many stand-by ticket holders as we can.
Tickets are still available for Friday evening’s performance. You can make reservations for the Friday performance by calling our office at 505.984.8759 until noon on Friday. After noon, tickets will only be available at the door.
Since Saturday and Sunday matinees are ticketed at capacity, we are not taking reservations by phone for those performances. Stand-by tickets will be available at the door.
This family-friendly production of Humperdinck’s Hansel and Gretel is sung in English, abridged to about an hour, and features nationally recognized opera stars from Fort Worth Opera Studio, mezzo-soprano Kate Tombaugh, young EPIK Artists, and a chamber orchestra. Performances are open to everyone—adults, families, and children.
why tickets this year?
You spoke; we listened! Enthusiasm for Community Opera has been building over the last six years, and many patrons (especially those driving to Santa Fe from out of town) have suggested that we ticket these FREE performances to better manage seating. So this year, relax! We’ll save you a seat!
how will this work? like southwest airlines!
- Call our office at 505 984 8759 and let us know which performance you’d like to attend and how many adults and children will be in your party.
- We’ll create numbered boarding passes in our office to be picked up at Will Call at the Scottish Rite before the performance.
- Will Call will open one hour before each performance. When you arrive at the Scottish Rite, go to the Ballroom and pick up your boarding pass at Will Call.
- The auditorium will open for seating a half hour before each performance with seating priority by boarding pass number. Please arrive early enough to pick up your boarding pass before we begin seating. Unclaimed tickets will be released to stand-by patrons 15 minutes before the show.
- Didn’t call ahead for a reservation? That’s okay. We’ll also issue boarding passes for any available extra seats.
The earlier you call for a reservation, the earlier you’ll be seated.
After reservations, the earlier you arrive, the earlier you’ll be seated.