Thank you for your interest in joining the dedicated staff at Performance Santa Fe. Working for Performance Santa Fe is an exciting way to learn more about performing arts, meet a wide range of people, and support music education in Northern New Mexico.
Performance Santa Fe does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, and national or ethnic origin in its hiring practices.
Position Description: Development Director
The Development Director, in collaboration with the Executive Director, leads Performance Santa Fe’s development functions in raising over $1 million annually to support our presented performing artist programs and education programs. Performance Santa Fe, a non-profit presenting arts organization located in Santa Fe, New Mexico presents nationally and internationally-renowned musicians, dance companies, and theater productions in a variety of performance venues such as the Lensic Performing Arts Center, Saint Francis Auditorium, Scottish Rite Masonic Center, and the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Francis of Assisi.
This is the principal staff position responsible for creating and implementing a fundraising plan to sustain current donor relationships, improve donor retention, and broaden PSF’s donor base through individual donors, foundations, corporations, and special events. The Development Director will work closely with volunteers, primarily through the Development Committee and Special Events Committee.
The Development Director reports to the Executive Director.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop annual fundraising plan.
- Cultivate relationships, provide stewardship, and solicit gifts from a portfolio of donors, i.e. individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Prospect development.
- Grant writing.
- Fundraising events, especially the annual Gala.
- Manage newly formed volunteer solicitor program for fall and spring annual campaign appeals.
- Bachelors degree.
- Minimum five years fundraising, or equivalent business development/high-end sales experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent skills required in software such as Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Experience using Tessitura, or similar CRM system platforms such as Raisers Edge, or equivalent.
- Ability to handle multiple demands and respond to changing priorities.
- Experience working in a non-profit setting preferred.
- Flexible hours to accommodate some evening, weekend, and holiday work.
- Access to transportation and a valid driver’s license; copy of current car insurance coverage.
Compensation and benefits
- Annual salary based on qualifications and experience.
- Benefits include monthly health insurance premium stipend, dental insurance, and SEP retirement contribution.
- Address and email cover letter and resume to: Jonathan Winkle, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org