Thank you for your interest in joining the dedicated staff at Performance Santa Fe. Working for Performance Santa Fe is an exciting way to learn more about performing arts, meet a wide range of people, and support music education in Northern New Mexico.
Performance Santa Fe does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, and national or ethnic origin in its hiring practices.
Position Description: Accountant
The Accountant provides accounting and bookkeeping services to Performance Santa Fe, a non-profit presenting arts organization located in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Performance Santa Fe presents nationally and internationally-renowned musicians, dance companies, and theater productions in a variety of performance venues such as the Lensic Performing Arts Center, Saint Francis Auditorium, Scottish Rite Masonic Center, and the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Francis of Assisi.
The Accountant is responsible for updating the Executive Director on any financial matters of significance; coordinating with the Executive Director and Treasurer/Finance Committee Chair in preparation for Finance Committee meetings; assisting with annual budget planning and forecasting; day-to-day financial matters including accounts receivable and payable, recording financial transactions in QuickBooks, maintaining proper support documentation, and filing of all transactions in accordance with GAAP; and, support of the PSF Foundation Board’s financial activities and reporting.
Additionally, the Accountant is responsible for processing gifts and donations, database management, and supporting the Board of Directors’ Finance Committee.
Non-exempt, part-time (15-24 hours per week, unless otherwise approved/directed by the Executive Director).
The Accountant reports to the Executive Director.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Adheres to organization Financial Policies and internal financial controls.
- Monitors budget and cash flow throughout year.
- Prepares and processes bi-weekly payroll for all Performance Santa Fe staff.
- Reviews contracts and invoices in order to properly record accounts receivable and payable transactions.
- Establishes, or complies, with a system for receipt of all money of Performance Santa Fe and makes timely deposits; monitors all accounts for appropriate balances.
- Reconciles bank, Lensic ticketing, and Tessitura (CRM database) statements in order to prepare monthly reports, including monthly financial, development, cash flow forecasting, and assistance with grant applications and reports.
- Assists Executive Director with budget planning and also mid-year forecasting process.
- Serves as the primary liaison with contracted accounting firm: prepares materials for, and participates in the annual audit; and, works in cooperation with accounting firm, preparation of annual IRS 990 tax forms.
- Responsible for filing routine IRS, State, and City tax and regulatory forms and online reporting; responsible for all W9 forms and processing yearly 1099 forms.
- Minimum 3-years financial and bookkeeping experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent skills required in QuickBooks, or similar accounting software; Excel; and Microsoft Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as customer service skills.
- Communicate financial management best practices to staff, management, and the Board.
- Ability to handle multiple demands and respond to changing priorities.
- Experience working in a non-profit setting preferred.
- Flexible hours to accommodate some evening and weekend work.
- Access to transportation and a valid driver’s license; copy of current car insurance coverage.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Hourly rate based on qualifications and experience.
- Benefits include pro-rated amount of health and dental insurance premium payment.
- Email cover letter and resume to: Jonathan Winkle, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org