Thank you for your interest in joining the dedicated staff at Performance Santa Fe. Working for Performance Santa Fe is an exciting way to learn more about performing arts, meet a wide range of people, and support music education in Northern New Mexico.
Performance Santa Fe does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, and national or ethnic origin in its hiring practices.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Reporting to the Executive and Artistic Director, the Director of Development is responsible for leading, planning and implementing philanthropic revenue-generating channels. He/she will build and fortify new and existing relationships with top-level donors and prospects to achieve philanthropic goals for Performance Santa Fe. The successful candidate must possess significant sales and personal approach marketing abilities, capitalizing on the organization’s unique assets and donor recognition benefits to encourage increased philanthropic investment. The Director of Development partners with the Executive and Artistic Director to expand and diversify total philanthropic support from individuals, foundations and corporations, particularly in the areas of annual fund and major gifts.
- Plan and oversee all fundraising initiatives such as annual giving, campaigns, grants, major gifts, show sponsorship, endowment, and donor prospecting.
- Partner internally with Finance, Marketing and Communications for engagement on individual giving, event revenue, foundation grants, and other fundraising vehicles.
- Create fundraising strategies to wrap around relevant events, initiatives, and programmatic work; develop strong communications and recognition of donors and prospects to maintain and build upon the strong brand of PSF.
- Oversee the implementation of a newly-introduced Annual Giving model.
- Oversee a “new business” pipeline, actively seeking out prospective donors through data mining strategies, revenue-generating and prospecting events, as well as attending social and charitable events hosted by other civic and cultural organizations.
- Oversee planning and execution of major and ancillary fundraising events (i.e. annual gala)
- Manage staff in gift processing and donor acknowledgement process; maintain open communication with the 5-member Tessitura consortia led by The Lensic Performing Arts Center.
- Maintain a significant portfolio of individual, foundation and corporate relationships to support Performance Santa Fe’s fundraising goals and objectives.
- Identify, qualify, solicit and steward past, current and prospective donors, successfully closing major gifts and multi-year pledges.
- Possess the ability to design individualized giving plans for prospective donors taking into account their specific philanthropic interests.
- Provide monthly revenue and Development activity updates to the Board of Directors as requested.
- Establish annual goals and objectives, and be accountable for ensuring that set goals and objectives are met.
- Be an exceptional communicator and an articulate, passionate and credible public presence for the organization and an effective, strong, inspirational and focused leader within the community.
- Outstanding communication skills: an attentive listener, articulate speaker, and clear and persuasive writer.
- Excellent strategic, organizational and project management skills. A decisive, “roll-up-the sleeves,” results-oriented individual who can keep seemingly diverse projects moving forward within a consistent strategic framework.
- Responds promptly to shifts in direction or schedules, and maintains effectiveness and calm while managing multiple priorities and tasks. Moves past unforeseen challenges without unnecessary delay.
- A self-motivated, confident and influential style that is coupled with sensitivity and flexibility.
- Character and substance; a person with the highest ethical standards.
- At least 5 years with a proven track record of fundraising experience gained in relevant or comparable positions of increasing responsibility and scope.
- Demonstrated fundraising success in corporate, foundation, events, individual and major gifts along with additional sources of revenue generation.
- Experience in linking fundraising efforts to community impact; solid knowledge about community impact work, metrics, and grant-making.
- At least 5 years of experience building, developing and retaining strong relationships with donors and volunteers, including board members. A collaborative and communicative work-style that translates into strong results with donors as well as internal partners.
- Training and background in Tessitura or comparable CRM software required.
- Self-motivated and well organized with exceptional computer/software literacy.
- Qualified applicants will have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Understanding of and/or a passion for the performing arts is preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Performance Santa Fe offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and ability, including health and dental insurance, 1.5% SEP IRA contribution, generous PTO and paid holidays.
To apply: send resume to email@example.com